ECODEV, Kisumu, Kenya
Radio campaign against diarrhoea
Diarrhoea Awareness Campaign
Name of the Organization : Economic and Development Center (ECODEV), ECODEV Center, Kenya, Alpha House, Wing A, 1st Floor, Along Oginga Odinga Street, P.O. Box 1926, KISUMU 40100, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; http://ecodevcenter.org
August 2013-July 2015
ECODEV CENTER was established in 2000 and got registered as a national NGO with its head office in Kisumu City in Nyanza province, Western Kenya. ECODEV works as agents for Radio Lake Victoria and Radio Nam Lolwe that are vernacular radio stations which are a major channel for rural communities since the year 2004.
ECODEV intends to use a diarrhoea awareness radio campaign in Kisumu North District to help reduce the number of deaths on children under 5years by: organizing a Workshop training for the station staff to acquire advocacy skills on childhood diarrhea prevention and treatment together with other stakeholders like the Ministry of Health staff who will participate in radio talk shows, community leaders and caregiver (leaders).
Actions and Schedule
- Preparatory Activities i.e. formative assessment
- Training of 10 people for 3 days on the 7-Strategy Plan of Radio guest speakers/presenters on participatory radio facilitation techniques
- Training of 20 people in Workshop for Stakeholders/MoH/Opinion leaders on development of radio messages
- Development of radio messages (tips, promos, presenter mentions)
- 72 On air activations (3 weekly, for 2 months)
- 24 Radio talk shows (1 per week for two months)
- 6 On ground Activations(3 days per month for 2 months)
- Post Campaign assessment and learning (one week)
- Feed back meetings and problem solving (3 days)
- MANDE (monthly)
- Support radio listener group activities comprising of caregivers.
- Radio Mock-up conversation between two presenters/Radio story telling; challenge myths, and provide facts for greater outreach.